Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Farewell 2008

This will be a year of exceptional memories...our daughter arrived into our world! I reflect back at what an amazing transformation our family has completed in 366 (leap year) short days. At the beginning of the year I was pregnant and patiently waiting to know what blessings were to come. I had such apprehension about the birth of our daughter, I was nervous about being a mom...would I be overly protective? God works such miracles...Our lives changed so fast, there was hardly time for a second thought.

February was incredible. No one in this world can describe to you the wonder and amazement that comes when you meet your child for the first time. We had family come and go almost the entire month. We are grateful for the help! It was quite a cold, snowy month...we didn't venture out too often...it was also a bad cold and flu season. I left my job to work part time so I could enjoy extra special time with Ava. It's been a challenge but the gifts we've enjoyed are well worth it.

When the weather warmed up, we got outside to walk and meet all the neighbors that had moved in during the winter. We learned that God had given us some wonderful friends to get to know. There were 9 babies born between August 07 and July 08 that will all be in the same class at school - in our corner of the subdivision alone!!

We've watched Ava grow and experience many firsts...a trip to Nana's at 2 months, baptism at 5 months, a trip to the airport to pick up Grandma and Grandpa, visiting with friends and family in many places (Quincy, IL - Mobile, AL - Murphreesboro, TN - Lake of the Ozarks, MO - Hattiesburg, MS). We even became evacuees from a hurricane in September. Ava learned to roll over, sit up, eat baby food, crawl, walk with the furniture, and make lots of sounds. I am sure that as time passes these things will fade in my memory as they are replaced with new and wonderful accomplishments, but they are for now my proudest remembrances.

Our wish is that you all have a safe, happy New Year filled with many blessings and much happiness.

No comments: